Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 5

This week I went back to Utah which I am getting very tired of. Beautiful state but, it can get old. These first few pictures are for those of you who are "Big Love" followers. Colorado City, it's actually in Arizona but we include it in our Utah trip, fascinates me because it's a very different culture living within our own culture. I took some photo's of some of the homes to give you some flavor of the community.




Our dealer is also the local town dairy. When I come here it's not uncommon to see huge cargo vans parked here getting gallon after gallon of milk and cheese. It's funny cause the driver goes in the store and when you walk past the vans and look in, they are full of sister wives.


 Other photo's of interest.


Notice the dirt piles on the graves, that seems so old time to me.


Only church in town, complete with signs that forbid camera's recording equipment and visitors unless prior approval of authorities. I didn't get a close up picture of it, but the most popular morning establishment is a coffee kiosk next to the dairy, a sign of the times even here.


Parting shot of Colorado City. This is the center of town which also includes a gas station, bowling alley, restaurant and grocery store. Now a parting shot of Utah.


What's wrong with this picture?  A clock on an LDS Church... Hmmm, I wonder how popular that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment