Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 3 & 4 2011

I traveled to Washington which is one of three of my favorite destinations. I have been fortunate enough to claim the peninsula as my turf for this company and love every aspect of it. I generally start in Tacoma then move up to Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Bremerton, Port Townsend, Sequim, Port Angeles, Clallam Bay, Neah Bay, Forks, Ocean Shores then a few other towns on my back to Olympia. This trip I stopped between Hood River Or. and Portland to takes some shots of some water falls.

                                                          Horsetail Falls - Columbia Gorge

                                                                     Multnomah Falls



Multnomah Falls was really amazingly beautiful as Western Oregon usually is. From there I moved up to Port Orchard and took a few shots of the ships docked at Bremerton across the bay.



Then I went up around the peninsula which is a trip through Olympic National Park and Ho Rain Forrest
to Ruby Beach which is usually crowded with tourists but because of all the rain this week, no one else was there. The Ho River meets the Pacific Ocean here and brings large logs with it that are very dangerous to swimmers because of the river current going out and waves coming in, it's easy to get squished by the logs.





4 comments:

  1. Dad, I love this blog. It's so fun to be able to see pictures from the places you go, since I'm often thinking about you and where you are. Whenever you go to Washington, I can't help but think about how if we still lived there we could be seeing you. Your pictures are amazing too! Really pretty. I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pops,

    I really enjoy looking at this. I love the pictures...I wish I could be there with you. I'm excited to be able to follow your journeys as they unfold for you.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really makes me miss going out to Lincoln City! And reminds me of the Christmas we all went to Shay & Mike's in Washington! Doesn't seem like that long ago, but I guess it was. Great times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me miss the Oregon Coast too...I didn't used to like the moodiness of it, but now I find myself craving the climate somewhat.

    ReplyDelete